Perfmatters and Wp Rocket are plugins aiming at speed optimization. How do they compare?
Perfmatters is built to remove unused code, and have other features which help to improve Core Web Vitals. Wp Rocket is also a plugin to help improve Core Web Vitals, but its features are more beginner-friendly and meant to have a large effect than Perfmatters.
Due to the complexity of solving Core Web Vitals, using both will maximize their features and deliver much better results than just using only one of them. If your website has LCP issues, Perfmatters will be an essential tool to fix them.
Pricewise, WP Rocket and Perfmatters cost together $82 for one website, which may be lower than buying alternatives such as Asset Cleanup Pro or Nitropack.
Perfmatters may be discouraging to use due to its advanced features, but its quick-toggle UI helps even beginners to remove unnecessary code from running to improve speed and your Core Web Vitals.
Perfmatters “Script Manager” lists all your scripts and offer to remove them from loading by device, location, group of users, or using a regex formula.
You can access Perfmatters documentation to make sure what effect each feature will have, and how to fix any issues if encountered. Perfmatters also offers “Testing Mode”, which safely previews features before applying them to the live website.
Perfmatters have many features made directly to improve Woocommerce. If you are using Woocommerce as your choice to have a store online, you must know that your competitors may be using faster alternatives such as Shopify. These features are essential to not have a slower site and worst user experience than the competition.
Another feature of Perfmatters is database optimization. It not only offers full database optimization but also scheduled automatic database optimization.
Other notable Perfmatters features:
- Change your WordPress login URL: change wp-login to avoid hacking or bots.
- Google Analytics locally: speed up your site by reducing extra third-party requests.
- CDN rewrite.
- Add code to header, body, and footer.
- Preloading: Preload images only necessary, improving Core Web Vitals.
- Remove unused CSS: creates a different CSS file with removed unused CSS.
- Google Fonts locally: speed up your site by reducing extra third-party requests.
- Multisite support.
- Critical CSS
- Cloudflare integration
- Database Optimization
- HTML/CSS/JS minification & compression
- DNS prefetching, preloading
- Remove unused CSS
- For CDN, consider Rocket CDN $8/month
- For Image Optimization + WebP, consider Imagify $10/month
Get your CLS Optimized!