With many server hosts offering their own built-in optimizations plugins, Cloudflare’s new WordPress optimization tools, and the Core Web Vitals algorithm, many WordPress websites are ditching speed optimization cache plugins to use only Perfmatters.
Perfmatters is handy for fixing Core Web Vitals, offering many LCP optimization features such as:
- Remove Unused CSS:
- Preload images:
- Remove unused code;
- Preload LCP images; automatic preloading of critical images on all pages, or manual preloading of LCP images.
- Remove assets from loading on mobile: used to improve LCP on mobile, but still maintain desktop visuals.
As presented in our Improve CLS guide, you can even use the Remove unused CSS feature to try and ‘brute-force’ fix CLS issues, as a new CSS file will be issued for the above-the-fold content, and then use filters to avoid layout shifts.
Perfmatters may be discouraging to use due to its advanced features, but its interface lets beginners remove unnecessary code from running to improve speed and your Core Web Vitals.
Perfmatters “Script Manager” lists all your scripts and allows you to remove them from loading by device, location, group of users, or using a regex formula.
You can access Perfmatters documentation to make sure what effect each feature will have, and how to fix any issues if encountered. Perfmatters also offers “Testing Mode”, which safely previews features before applying them to the live website.
Perfmatters have many features made directly to improve Woocommerce. If you are using Woocommerce as your choice to have a store online, you must know that your competitors may be using faster alternatives such as Shopify. These features are essential to not have a slower site and worst user experience than the competition.
Another feature of Perfmatters is database optimization. It not only offers full database optimization but also scheduled automatic database optimization.
Other notable Perfmatters features:
- Change your WordPress login URL: change wp-login to avoid hacking or bots.
- Google Analytics locally: speed up your site by reducing extra third-party requests.
- CDN rewrite.
- Add code to header, body, and footer.
- Preloading: Preload images only necessary, improving Core Web Vitals.
- Remove unused CSS: creates a different CSS file with removed unused CSS.
- Google Fonts locally: speed up your site by reducing extra third-party requests.
- Multisite support.
Get your Core Web Vitals optimized. Send a request