You came to this page searching for good hosting recommendations from Reddit. We compiled recommendations and fine-tuned them using data from Google.
Other articles based on this search can be very misleading and lead you to the worst decision possible. Even the comments on Reddit need to be filtered. Many companies create fake profiles to comment positively about their product.
The below Wordpress hosting ranks are based on search and fined tuned with Google data.
Best Wordpress hosting by Reddit
Before jumping to Reddit hosting mention, we will explain the rationale behind the metrics. We use Time to First Byte(TTFB) as a metric to quantify how fast WordPress hosting serves a website. TTFB is a metric that measures the server response when loading a page. It’s a Google Web Vital metric alongside First Contentful Paint(FCP).
The Core Web Vitals alongside other metrics forms the new Google Page Experience SEO algorithm. Choosing technologies with great Core Web Vitals metrics will make your website have better results in SEO.
When scrolling on one of the most popular Reddit posts about Wordpress hosting, the few non-fake comment state that Godaddy is a bad hosting. Based on Google data, Godaddy has the best TTFB hosting performance in the USA.
Wp Engine is also mentioned, but as good hosting. It’s ranked in the top 2 of performance hosting(USA). Another mentioned is Siteground which is ranked in the top 6.
Why does having good TTFB matter? The correlation between Good TTFB and Good CWV is high and indicates that the better TTFB the higher chances of succeeding in having Good Core Web Vitals Metrics:
Goddady offers primarily four WordPress Hosting plans, with the yearly pricing of:
- Basic – 20GB/limit, SSL, Domain: $108/year ($120/yr after first year)
- Deluxe – 40GB/limit, SSL, Domain, Staging website: $144/year ($180/yr after first year)
- Ultimate – 60GB/limit, SSL, Domain, Staging website: $228/year ($240/yr after first year)
- 80GB/limit, SSL, Domain, Staging website, Unlimited products, Live shipping rates plugin, Free woocommerce extensions: $252/year ($360/yr after first year)
WP Engine offers a WordPress hosting solution to a varied range of companies sizes.
1-year plans and their features are as follows:
- Startup – 1 site, 25.000 visits/mo, 10GB/storage, 50GB bandwidth/mo: $240/year ($300/yr after first year)
- Professional – 3 Sites, 75k visits/mo, 15GB/storage, 125GB bandwidth/mo: $472/year ($590/yr after first year)
- Growth – 10 Sites, 100.000 visits/mo, 20GB/storage, 200GB bandwidth/mo: $920/year ($1.150/yr after first year)
- Woocommerce Startup -1 site, 25.000 visits/mo, 10GB/storage, 50GB bandwidth/mo: $288/year ($360/yr after first year)
- Woocomerce Professional – 3 Sites, 75k visits/mo, 15GB/storage, 125GB bandwidth/mo: $600/year ($750/yr after first year)
- Woocommerce Growth – 10 Sites, 100.000 visits/mo, 20GB/storage, 200GB bandwidth/mo: $1.120/year ($1.400/yr after first year)
All plans include the following features:
- Automatic WordPress & PHP updates
- Themes & workflow tools
- Staging & backup
- Security & CDN
Pagely has plans starting at $199/mo for 5 sites:
- Developer One – 5 sites, Redis caching, 30GB/storage, 20GB/bandwidth, 150GB/CDN: $200/mo
- Developer Two – 15 sites, Redis caching, 50GB/storage, 20GB/bandwidth, 350GB/CDN: $300/mo
Both development plans include the following:
- SSL, DNS
- Image Resizing/Optimization
- Automatic Wordpress upgrades & backups
- Staging & WordPress Multisite
Finish Wordpress hosting provider. Founded in 2011, does have WordPress as its main product since 2014. Offer website deployed in specific countries: Finland, Sweden, Germany, USA, and Singapore.
Seravo currently defines its plans with HTTPS requests. Monthly hosting plans pricing is:
- WP PRO – 500k HTTP requests/month + 15 GB storage: €390/year
- WP BUSINESS – 1,5MM HTTP requests/mo + 30 GB storage + WooCommerce: €630/year
- WP CORPORATE – 3MM HTTP requests/mo + 60 GB storage + WooCommerce + Multisite (< 5 sites): €1.170/year
All plans include the following features:
- Domain, DNS, and SSL
- Daily backups, and staging website
- Redis Cache and built-in image optimization
- Tested WordPress updates