RocketCDN is Wp Rocket’s CDN. With unique pricing of $8.99 a month and $90/yearly, it offers unlimited CDN traffic(at Wp Media’s discretion). It also offers integration with Wp Rocket.
It is powered by StackPath which has 45 edge locations around the world.
The setup is a simple 1 step task, just activate it after purchase on the Wp Rocket admin panel CDN tab. It also offers integration with Cloudflare.
How does RocketCDN help a slow website?
If your site has a lot of CSS and is an eCommerce or a customized theme, it will load much faster using a CDN, which servers all assets, including images, from many locations around the world for faster user loading. The loading difference from your server when covering global users would be substantial.
The user experience also improves, by rendering pages faster, making the pagination faster. As Google Core Web Vitals is a global metric, you should strive to serve all users with good loading and user experience.
RocketCDN Vs Alternatives
RocketCDN is powered by StackPath. StackPath has worse speed metrics when compared to almost any CDN alternative. You should consider the following faster alternatives:
- Google Cloud CDN(Custom Setup)
- Azure CDN(Custom Setup)
- Bunny (WordPress plugin): Pricing is based on usage, check calculator for an estimate.
- Nitropack (WordPress plugin): Free for 5k/pageviews; starts at $17.50/mo or $210/yearly for 50k/pageviews.
- Cloudflare APO(WordPress plugin): Only caches HTML, alongside Cloudflare’s free proxy CDN; $5/month.
- AWS Cloudfront(Custom Setup). On-Demand pricing with a free tier. Check calculator for estimates.
- Jetpack(WordPress plugin): Free
For a full list, check our Best WordPress CDN article.
Rocket CDN vs Cloudflare CDN
Cloudflare only proxies the assets at the cache level using its global network of servers, while Rocket CDN servers the static files(CSS/JSS) through its CDN powered by StackPath.
A better comparison would be Cloudflare’s Automatic Platform Optimization plugin which serves the static files plus the HTML from its edge servers network. Cloudflare APO is priced at $5/moth.