Elementor may be the most popular tool to build websites on Wordpress, but with Speed and Page Experience being SEO algorithms, picking a plugin with good performance aspects becomes essential to rank on Google.
Wordpress block plugins or FSE(Full site editing) themes offer the same easiness to build with the drag-and-drop feature as Elementor but are leaner, as they don’t load the many libraries needed to work as Elementor.
If building without using code is your goal but still maintaining good performance, look at the top Elementor alternatives below.
What are FSE(Full site editing) themes and block plugins
FSE(Full site editing) themes have properties that turn them and allow a set of specific customizing, building, and configurations, such as:
- Site Editor; edit and navigate between various templates, template parts, and styling options
- Template Editing; edit/change/create the template a post/page uses
- Block Theme; build using blocks;
- Theme Blocks; custom blocks from the theme such as post author.
- Browsing; navigate between templates, pages, etc.
- Navigation Block; a block that allows the customizing of the navigation’s menu.
- Query Block; replicates WP_Query, allowing functionality, etc.
FSE themes also have “Patterns”, which are pre-built layouts to be used by dragging or copy-pasting into your design. WordPress recently launched the patterns directory which lists patterns created by users to copy-paste into your design.
Block plugins are plugins that may extend Gutenberg features but are not limited to. Gutenberg is Wordpress block plugin for building with blocks.
Breakdance (Elementor Woocommerce Alternative)
Breakdance is a new page builder from the creators of page builder Oxygen. With an approach to having a more user-friendly experience while visually building a website, it can be an Elementor alternative.
Breakdance does the same easiness of building a website with a drag-and-drop feature, but it has the advantage of generating a leaner page, that will load faster than others. With Speed and Core Web Vitals as an algorithm, it’s necessary to have a fast-performing website to rank high in SERP positions.
One of the main features of Breakdance is its support for Woocommerce. It comes with 26 Woocommerce widgets, including customizing the cart page, account page, and mini cart.
Breakdance offers a form builder with built-in integrations with all major marketing, including MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, and Convertikit.
Pricing, 1-year support:
- Breakdance: $149 unlimited sites
GenerateBlocks (Cheaper Alternative)
Generateblocks is a Wordpress block editor with 4 features on it. These 4 blocks (container, grid block, headline block, button) are meant to build your Wordpress site with flexibility without the need to have a single block for each thing, according to GenerateBlocks.
Each block has full customization on the free plan, including:
- Typography; Pick from Google or Local fonts with full customization.
- Spacing, Colors(including Gradients).
- Background and Background Images.
- and SVG(can use on buttons).
The Pro plugin has far more customization settings and an option of over 150 templates to speed up your building process. The additional customizations are:
- Global Styles; create global styles across the website and use them everywhere.
- CSS effects such as opacity & blend, box-shadow, text-shadow, filters, etc.
- Background images and gradients to Container blocks.
- Built your SVG library.
- Copy-paste styles: copy a style from a block and apply it to another.
Click here to view the library with all of the templates available in GenerateBlocks Pro.
- GenerateBlocks: Free
- GenerateBlocks Pro 1 site: $39
- GenerateBlocks Pro 250 sites: $99
Kadence Blocks is a free plugin to build websites with blocks, extending Gutenberg’s capabilities.
It currently has the following features:
- Row Layout: rows with nested blocks either in columns or as a container.
- Image Gallery
- Advanced Text: sizes and attributes for desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Buttons, tabs, and accordions.
- Lottie animations.
- Free design library.
Pro version offers:
- Animate on Scroll.
- Custom Icons and Fonts: upload your own custom icon, fonts, or an entire set.
- Design Library: various designs to kickstart your projects.
Check all blocks here.
Kadence Blocks Pro is currently offered at $69/year for unlimited sites.
Get your WordPress Unused CSS Core Web Vitals Optimized!