Breakdance is a new page builder from the creators of page builder Oxygen. Breakdance is built to be fast as the founders say. When comparing a site performance test between both, Breakdance has way better results.
Elementor has speed as one of its issues. Most websites using Elementor have bad Core Web Vitals LCP, which is now a standard for website speed.
Take a look below for a full breakdown of Elementor vs Breakdance.
Elementor made recent efforts to better suit its clients regarding performance including experimental optimization features and offering static website hosting from its company Strattic, which offers static Elementor support.
For non-developers, optimizing Elementor can be hard, but with a few actions, you can optimize Elementor to rank higher in Pagespeed.
One notable difference between Breakdance and Elementor might be the fact that both have lots of built-in ecommerce blocks but Breakdance ecommerce blocks offer a more granular customizing of elements without the need for other 3rd-party plugins, as seen in this video.
|Free version||(30 days)||Yes|
Elementor vs Breakdance: Ecommerce
One of the main features of Breakdance is its support for Woocommerce. It comes with 26 Woocommerce widgets, including customizing the cart page, account page, and mini cart. Full list:
- Products list
- Product Builder
- Related Products
- Upsell Products
- Shop, Cart, Checkout & Account page
- Order Tracking Page
- Mini Cart
- Shopping Filters
- Woo Widgets and Woo Breadcrumbs (Woocommerce system)
Elementor vs Breakdance: Plugins
Elementor has one of the largest 3rd-party plugin ecosystems. For Breakdance it’s still coming alongside.
Breakdance was launched in 2022, its addon ecosystem is still not as large as its competitors.
But it already has an addon that will style up your Breakdance website with a unique design. Elements Hive offers 13+ free elements, including:
- WebGL Kinetic Typography: create your own interactive 3D backgrounds.
- Magnetic Mouse Cursor: Turns the mouse cursor into a magnet that automatically wraps around links, buttons, or any element which you specify using an ID or class selector.
- Link Media Reveal: reveal an image or video when hovering on a link using buttery smooth animations
- WebGL Fluid Simulation Background: add a WebGL Fluid Simulation with many customization options.
Elementor vs Breakdance vs Bricks
Bricks is a page builder with performance in its main features. It creates website pages with full customization yet with a good loading speed. Bricks is Gutenberg compatible. Try it here.
Bricks is available at $99/year for 1 site or $249/year for unlimited sites.
Bricksable is a free plugin that offers 10 elements for the Bricks page builder.
Elementor vs Block Plugins
Block themes are considered the future of WordPress theming. With block themes and full-site editing(FSE), you’d able to replicate what page builders do.
Take a look below for a list of popular block themes:
Kadence Blocks recently updated its block plugin for the 3.0 version. The free block plugin allows building websites with blocks, extending Gutenberg’s capabilities.
It currently has the following features:
- Row Layout: rows with nested blocks either in columns or as a container.
- Image Gallery
- Advanced Text: sizes and attributes for desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Buttons, tabs, and accordions.
- Lottie animations.
- Free design library.
Pro version offers:
- Animate on Scroll.
- Custom Icons and Fonts: upload your own custom icon, fonts, or an entire set.
- Design Library: various designs to kickstart your projects.
Check all blocks here.
Kadence Blocks Pro is currently offered at $69/year for unlimited sites.
Generateblocks is a WordPress block editor with 4 features on it. These 4 blocks (container, grid block, headline block, button) are meant to build your WordPress site with flexibility without the need to have a single block for each thing, according to GenerateBlocks.
Each block has full customization on the free plan, including:
- Typography; Pick from Google or Local fonts with full customization.
- Spacing, Colors(including Gradients).
- Background and Background Images.
- and SVG(can use on buttons).
The Pro plugin has far more customization settings and an option of over 150 templates to speed up your building process. The additional customizations are:
- Global Styles; create global styles across the website and use them everywhere.
- CSS effects such as opacity & blend, box-shadow, text-shadow, filters, etc.
- Background images and gradients to Container blocks.
- Built your SVG library.
- Copy-paste styles: copy a style from a block and apply it to another.
Click here to view the library with all of the templates available in GenerateBlocks Pro.
- GenerateBlocks: Free
- GenerateBlocks Pro 1 site: $39
- GenerateBlocks Pro 250 sites: $99
Gutenberg can be tricky for non-developers to build, but its showcase of websites offers what it can achieve. WordPress’s next-gen block editor is meant to make building using blocks easier and more convenient.
Gutenberg lets you edit individual content blocks on posts or pages. Add and adjust widgets. Design your site header and footer and re-use blocks.
Gutenberg is used in the Wp Media plugin Wp Rocket website which recently switched from WordPress Block Editor.